Mountain Of Fire Daily Devotional For January 28, 2022 : Topic – What Type Of Giver Are You? (I)
TOPIC: What Type Of Giver Are You? (I)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 19–20; Matthew 18:21–35
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Acts 5:1-10 (KJV)
But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles’ feet.
3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
MEMORY VERSE: “Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.” – Matthew 6:2
When you don’t give, it means you are living for this life alone, not with eternity in view.
PRAISE & WORSHIP
Take praise and worship songs as led by the Holy Spirit.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
Today, I decree that God, by His mercy and grace, will deliver you from any power that is hindering you from being an exemplary giver, in the Name of Jesus.
Mountain Top Life MESSAGE:
The issue of giving and getting in the Kingdom of God needs some clarifications in the light of the Scriptures.
It is true that Christians give but not all givers and what they give are pleasing and acceptable to God. Our concern here is, what type of a giver are you?
This year, I want you to aspire to be a cheerful giver in whom God is delighted. Then, who you are and what you give will be blessed and acceptable in God’s sight. Let us examine the types of givers you shouldn’t be.
Firstly, do not be a reluctant giver. People in this category are usually unhappy when anyone talks about giving. They raise all kinds of debate and arguments to justify their negative attitude. They give grudgingly or with so much reluctance. Some give in annoyance very ridiculous amount revealing their mindset. Such people delay, postpone or borrow their tithes. These are not good examples of cheerful givers, so do not imitate them.
Secondly, you should not be a causal giver. These are occasional or irregular givers who show very little commitment to God’s Kingdom. They are not consistent and faithful in their giving, when they give and how much they give. The truth is that God loves cheerful givers, and He generously rewards those who diligently seek Him, even in their giving. Casual givers are not diligent in seeking God or in their giving.
Thirdly, you should not be a stingy giver. Some believers demonstrate lack of generosity. They are not willing to share their possessions with anyone, not even with God nor Kingdom projects. They have forgotten that it is God that gives power to make wealth. (Deuteronomy 8:18).
Another set of persons are the covetous givers. The Bible recorded the case of Ananias and Sapphira, who held back part of the price of their possession pretending to give all. They deceived the Holy Spirit and paid with their lives.
Finally as a believer, you should not give with a mind of getting a reward. That is, do not give to be seen of men. The Bible says that such a person has received his reward here on earth (Matthew 6:2), and not worthy of kingdom blessings.
Remember, God loves a cheerful giver!
- My giving will not disappoint heaven, in the Name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver me from every wrong attitude towards giving for kingdom sake in the Name of Jesus
- I receive the grace to obey God completely and to be faithful in giving, in the Name of Jesus.
- Father, help me to give without making a show of it, in the Name of Jesus.
- I declare that God will remember, honour and reward my giving this year, in the Name of Jesus.
- Father, by Your mercy, make me a consistent and cheerful giver, in the Name of Jesus.
- Father, make me a believer who will not withhold anything from You, in the Name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
QUENCHING THE RAGE
These prayers are to be prayed between 12:00 am and 12:15 am.
DAY 22: Friday, January 28, 2022
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- Every anti-heaven spirit within the church, get out, in the Name of Jesus.
- Lord, increase in the lives of our members and pastors; help us to know You more, in the Name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, convert the prayers of this church to fire; and wherever it goes, let it perform its purpose, in the Name of Jesus.
- Father, let every spiritual and physical blessing of this church be released, in the Name of Jesus.
- The sword of God that is protecting the Garden of Eden, begin to protect my tender plants, in the Name of Jesus.
- My tender plants, receive courage and boldness against every wind and whirlwind of the world, in the Name of Jesus.
- Every evil calabash that is being used to monitor the future of my tender plants, break by fire, in the Name of Jesus.
- My tender plants shall not weep, in the Name of Jesus.
- I refuse to bury my tender plants, in the Name of Jesus.
- Every arrow of stunted growth fired into my tender plants, come out by fire and go back to your sender, in the Name of Jesus.
- Every arrow of incessant sickness programmed into my tender plants, die by fire, in the Name of Jesus.
- Every devourer in the land where my tender plants are planted, fire of God, begin to consume it, in the Name of Jesus.
- Every price of darkness required for the breakthrough of my tender plants, blood of Jesus, pay it off, in the Name of Jesus.
- The vehicle of an accident shall not enter into the garden where my tender plants are planted, in the Name of Jesus.