RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL 2021/2022 AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL FOR JANUARY 9, 2021 LESSON NINETEEN (19) : TOPIC – REVISION 3/SUMMARY
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL 2021/2022
AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 9TH OF JANUARY, 2021
LESSON NINETEEN (19)
TOPIC: REVISION 3/SUMMARY
• Teacher to revise the previous lessons with the Teenagers.
• You can also ask them questions to ensure lessons have been well understood.
• Please, remember to tell your class to review the previous lessons during the week before the revision day.
SUMMARY OF LESSONS 14-18
LESSON FOURTEEN (14)
TOPIC: WAYS GOD BLESSES A MAN (RICHES)
BIBLE TEXT: Deut 8:10-18; Gen 26:1-3,12-14
MEMORY VERSE: But my God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus
LESSON AIM: At the end of the study, teens should Know that riches are blessings from God.
CENTRAL TRUTH: God gives power to make wealth and be rich.
INTRODUCTION: God didn’t create man to suffer One of God’s packages of blessing is riches/wealth. It is the plan of God that his children lend to nations and not borrow. Teenagers should understand that riches are not needed in heaven. Many have been deceived into thinking that living in financial poverty is holy and pleasing to God. This is not true as riches are meant to be used and enjoyed on earth. That is why we must use what we have to glorify God’s Name. Daddy G.O. once said “I have been both rich and poor —- and I like rich better. It gives God glory when we live out His will on the earth as it is in heaven
A. Teenagers should note these in relation to riches:
– God’s intention – Deut 28:12
– Riches are integral part of God’s blessings.
– Riches come from God through His power – Deut 8:18
– God’s blessings come with conditions – Deut 28:1, Psalm 1:1-3
– When you give, you receive – Luke 6:38
– Those God blesses, fear God and run from sin – Psalm 1:1-3
– Jesus was made poor, that we may become rich – 2 Cor 8:9
– All these point to the fact that God is interested in the riches of His children.
B. Who is the giver of these blessings?
God is the ultimate giver. James 1: 17 – “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights,
with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning”
C. Discuss the different issues that will make teenagers not to enjoy the blessings of God and His riches.
ACTIVITY: Tell them to list the kind of riches that can develop wings and fly.
Life Application: Follow God’s principles about riches and you shall be richly blessed.
CONCLUSION: Any riches not from God do not last and can develop wings and fly Prov. 23:5. Anyone who lacks blessings from God cannot sustain riches.
LESSON FIFTEEN (15)
TOPIC: WAYS GOD BLESSES A MAN (BEYOND IMAGINATION)
BIBLE TEXT: Deuteronomy 28:2-14
MEMORY VERSE: Now unto Him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. Ephesians 3:20
LESSON AIM: At the end of the study, they should know the conditions for blessings and the numerous blessings of God for them.
CENTRAL TRUTH: God blesses despite our shortcomings and unbelief.
INTRODUCTION: Every teenager needs blessings from God. His blessings are beyond imagination and they last. May the Holy Spirit teach us today in Jesus name (Amen).
A Teacher gives teenagers about 10minutes to list the blessings in Deut. 28:2-14
1. The fruits ot your body shall be blessed.
2. The fruits of your ground and your animals shall be blessed vs 3
3. Your footsteps shall be blessed -vs 6
4. Your store shall be blessed -vs 6
5. Your enemies shall be smitten before you -vs 7
6. Anything your hand touches shall be blessed -vs 8
7. God shall make you holy and call you after His name -vs 9-10a
8. The people of the earth shall be afraid ofyou -vs 10
9. God shall multiply you and anything you have -vs 11
10. You shall have enough and to lend but you shall not borrow- vs 12
11. You will always be the head and not the tail -vs 13
B. EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE WHO OBEYED GOD AND WERE BLESSED:
• Peter obeyed the command of God to cast his net and he caught many fishes Luke 5:1-9
• Abraham obeyed and he became the father of nations
• The Samaritan woman obeyed Jesus and was given the Living Water that made her never to thirst again
• Noah obeyed and was saved from destruction along with his household
• The Zeraphath woman obeyed Elijah and her pots of oil never dried during the famine 1 Kings 17:10-16
LIFE APPLICATION: You want this kind of blessing from God, read and obey what is in Duet 28:1-2
CONCLUSION: All the above blessings and many more shall be your portion if you keep the Lord’s commandments and obey them. Vs 2, 13b. God wants you blessed not only with financial provision but also with the wisdom to steward it. The Bible teaches that when you are faithful with unrighteous mammon (money). you can then be trusted with true riches (Luke 16:11).
LESSON SIXTEEN (16)
TOPIC: BLESSINGS OF THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT
BIBLE TEXT: Gal. 5:19-20
MEMORY VERSE: “If we live in the spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit” Galatians 5:25
LESSON AIM: At the end of this study, teens should know and manifest the different fruit of the Spirit in their daily lives.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Let your life manifest the fruit of the Spirit.
INTRODUCTION: The fruit of the Holy Spirit is the result of the Holy Spirit’s presence and operation in the lives of teenagers. Fruit is the natural result of growth. It is not of anybody s striving but the Holy Spirit causes the growth. The Holy Spirit produces the kind of fruit that reflects the nature of Christ. Jesus wants us to be fully endowed with the gifts of the Spirit so that we can do the same works He did. You cannot earn gifts; they are given. You simply need to receive. The gifts of the Spirit are received by faith, and by faith we activate them.
A. COMPONENTS OF THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
– The fruit of the spirit is one with many component. Gal 5:22-23
– The fruit of the Spirit is produced by the Holy Spirit. Gal 5:16.18
– The fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of righteousness
– The Lord Jesus through the fruit of the Spirit helps teenagers to conquer the godless nature of the flesh Gal 5:18; Phil 4:13
B. Teenagers are led by the teacher to describe each of the fruit the Spirit and apply it to their lives as Christian teenagers of the end times Gal 5:22-23
• LOVE: As teenagers, we must first respond to God’s love.
• JOY This is a deep inner gladness. It is different from happiness that only comes when good things happen. Joy can be present even when things are not going well. If teenagers trust God and His promises, joy will be there when they remember God’s faithfulness.
• PEACE: Peace is inner tranquility; a calmness of the heart, mind and soul that comes as teenagers depend completely on God. A life of faith, reveals a God of peace.
• LONG-SUFFERING: When you submit to God, the Holy Spirit will help you to accept trouble and pains even for a long time. Col 3: 12-13. He will also give you the grace to endure wrong things people do to you without being angry.
• KINDNESS: This means treating others with love and respect. Since God has been kind to us, we also should be kind to others Acts 9:36
• GOODNESS: To be good is to do what is right. Christian teenagers who live under the control of the Holy Spirit are to show this God-like attribute. An example is Lydia in Acts 16:14-15, 40.
• FAITHFULNESS: A faithful person is stable, dependable and loyal. Christian teenagers have the Spirit of God dwelling in them, so they too can be faithful first to God and then in all things. 2 Cor 11:23- 29, 12:9-12.
• GENTLENESS: Gentleness begins with genuine humility. Everyone should be treated with care. Teenagers should be compassionate and considerate with others. Barnabas is a good example Acts 9:26-27, 15:12&36-39.
• SELF-CONTROL: When a teenager chooses through the power or the Holy Spirit to stay in charge of his thoughts, feelings and actions rather than allowing them to destroy you.
LIFE APPLICATION: Check the fruit you have, improve on it. Check the one you don’t have, ask God for it.
CONCLUSION: The Holy Spirit can help teenagers to bear good fruit that portray the character or Christ. The Lord’s Command is that you should bear fruit but more importantly, the fruits should abide. Having studied the fruit of the Spirit, it is worth it that you allow the Holy Spirit to help you ber good fruit.
LESSON SEVENTEEN (17)
TOPIC: ATTRACTING GOD’S BLESSINGS 1 (RIGHTEOUSNESS)
BIBLE TEXT: Psalms 1:1-3
MEMORY VERSE: “Thou has loved righteousness and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows” Hebrews 1:9
LESSON AIM: At the end of this study, teens should know righteous living brings blessings from God.
CENTRAL TRUTH: God’s blessings are released to those who pursue righteousness
INTRODUCTION: According to Romans 3:10 not one of what is righteous. We are all sinners Romans 3:23. The moment to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, God stops seeing you as a sinner. When God looks to you, he sees you in the righteousness of his son Ephesians 1:6. We can put on the breastplate of righteousness by living right as much as you possibly can. True righteousness in the Lord’s eyes includes humility, selflessness and living by faith in Him
A. Teacher to give teenagers about 10 minutes to list the attributes of a righteous man from Psalm 1:1-3
– He does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly
– He does not stand in the way of the sinners
– He does not sit on the seat of the scornful
– he delights in the Lord
– He meditate on the law of the Lord day and night
B. Why do we need to live righteous?
• God commanded it – 1 John 2:29
• Because you will be blessed – Matthew 5:6
• Prosperity is assured – Psalm 1:3
C.The Rewards of the Righteous:
• He blossoms like a tree by the Rivers of water
• He is fruitful.
• He prospers in all things
• He will find favour in the sight of God.
LIFE APPLICATION: ldentify areas you need to adjust and live a life of righteousness.
CONCLUSION: There is victory in righteousness because those who pursue righteousness are conquerors and overcomers. Pray for God to help you and give you the grace to live righteous because of the blessings that accompany it. Remind yourself, l cannot in any way attain righteousness on my own, I need the Lord to help me!
LESSON EIGHTEEN (18)
TOPIC: ATTRACTING GOD’S BLESSINGS 2 (OBED1ENCE)
BIBLE TEXT : Deut. 28:1-2; Genesis 22:1-14
MEMORY VERSE: “And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams”. 1 Samuel 15:22
LESSON AIM: At the end of this lesson, they will learn how obedience attract God’s blessings.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Complete/total obedience attracts & God’s unreserved blessings.
INTRODUCTION: God gave Adam and Eve a wonderful garden, filled with may fruit trees. He told Adam and Eve that they could eat any fruit they wished except for the fruit of one tree – the tree in the middie of the garden. But Satan wanted Adam and Eve to disobey God and they
obeyed Satan rather than obey God. On the other hand, God asked Abraham to take his family and move to an unknown country. Abraham followed God’s instructions, even though it was hard. Because Abraham obeyed, God promised to make Abraham into a great nation, and He did. God rewards obedience generously! Obedience is an act of doing and being willing to do what one is told to do happily and willingly. It is total submission to God and those in authority like parents, pastors, teachers and those who rule over the society. True obedience comes from a heart of love and it is real, not take or eye service.
A. INGREDIENTS OF OBEDIENCE
• Faith in God – John 7:38
• Boldness – Peter and John Acts 4:19
• Knowing the will of God – Romans 12:2
• Love for God and the word of God – Exodus 20:6
B. EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE WHO OBEYED GOD AND WERE BLESSED
• Abraham – Gen 22:1-14
• Noah – Gen 7:1-10, 9:8-15
• Philip – Acts 8:37
• Jesus’s disciples – John 2:11
ACTIVITY: Let them mention other people you know who obeyed God and their reward.
CONCLUSION: God keeps His promises when we obey Him completely. Are you persecuted because of your obedience? Hold on and you will surely see the hand of God. Don’t compromise your faith. God will surely make you happy at the appointed time.