Open Heaven For Teen Devotional March 31, 2022 : Topic – A Way For You
TOPIC: A Way For You
MEMORISE: Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19
READ: 2 Kings 2:9-15 (KJV)
- And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
- And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
- And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
- And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.
- He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;
- And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
- And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.
In my days, when you graduated from the Sciences, a lot of job offers would be waiting for you on your graduation day; in fact, you could even be asked what type of car you wanted. Today, things have changed; there are fewer jobs available to millions of graduates from our Universities year in, year out. I pray that your situation will not be hopeless, in Jesus name.
Today’s Bible reading showed how Elisha got the mantle of Elijah which he used to part River Jordan. Just as Elisha asked, you also need to ask Jesus for the way out. Many graduates with excellent results are encountering stagnation at their Jordan; some have even plunged into the sea and are trying not to get drowned. However, your case can be different because there is a God who specializes in parting the sea, who can make you walk on dry ground into your glorious destiny. Ask Him for ideas and clarity to execute your plans today. Also, pray ahead of your graduation so that things will be easy for you to the glory of His name.
Father, please make a way for me. Let nothing be difficult for me, in Jesus name.
HYMN 8: Lead Us Heavenly Father
- Lead us, heavenly Father, lead us
o’er the world’s tempestuous sea;
guard us, guide us, keep us, feed us,
for we have no help but Thee;
yet possessing every blessing,
if our God our Father be.
- Saviour, breathe forgiveness o’er us:
all our weakness Thou dost know;
Thou didst tread this earth before us,
Thou didst feel its keenest woe;
lone and dreary, faint and weary,
through the desert Thou didst go.
- Spirit of our God, descending,
fill our hearts with heavenly joy,
love with every passion blending,
pleasure that can never cloy:
thus provided, pardoned, guided,
nothing can our peace destroy.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.