NIGERIA BAPTIST CHURCH SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON FOR JULY 31, 2022 : TOPIC – THE WORD GIVES PEACE
SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON FOR 31ST JULY, 2022
THEME FOR JULY: “THE WORD: AN AGENT OF CREATION”
TOPIC FOR THE WEEK: THE WORD GIVES PEACE
DEVOTIONAL READING: JOHN 14: 15-31
LESSON SCRIPTURE: JOHN 14: 15-29
GOLDEN TEXT: “ And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another counselor, to be with you forever.”- John 14:16
Today’s lesson centres on Jesus’ farewell message to His disciples. When the time came for Him to go to His Father, He engaged them in a long discussion about the reason He must go.
However, Jesus was not going to leave them comfortless. He assured them of the plan of the Father to send the Holy Spirit who will teach them all things, bring to their remembrance all He had taught them and give them lasting peace.
- ASSURANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.John 14: 15-18
- The importance of obedience in receiving the COMFORTER and a sign of our love to the Father. V15
- A helper, counselor, intercessor, advocate that abides forever assured. V16
- The Spirit of truth manifesting in us. V17
- Not alone. V18
- Believers need a Pentecostexperience to activate the Holy Spirit.
- What was Jesus’primary assignment on earth and why must He leave His disciples and go to His Father?
- Discuss the meaning of verse 17 and how it can enhance the spread of the gospel message
- JESUS ANNOUNCES HIS DEPARTUREJohn 14: 19-24
- We believers will continue to see the departed Christ by virtue of our relationship with Him. V19 Because He lives.
- We are bonded to the Father through Christ the Son. V20
- God desires our total obedience and manifests Himself only to those who will do this. V21-24
- Why was Jesus willing to reveal Himself to His disciples only and not to the World?
- Discuss the consequence of disobeying God’s commands with biblical examples.
- JESUS’ PROMISE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT John 14: 25-29
- Jesus reaffirmed the promise to send a helper, the Holy Spirit, who will;
- Teach, guide, guard and bring into remembrance everything He had taught them. V26
- Give a peace that bring; calmness in the midst of conflict, a peace unlike that of the world. V27
- We need to trust and believe Jesus for His promise that cannot fail 2 Cor. 1:20
- Jesus is coming back V28, how prepared are you?
- Jesus repeatedly told His disciples of His going to His Father with the promise to come back to them. Discuss the reasons for coming back to them.
- State at least three differences between the peace of God and worldly peace according to verse 27 and it’s implications for life of stability.
TAKE HOME: Write down three lessons you are taking home from today’s lesson
Next week: A NEW HOME. REVELATION 21: 1-9