RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2021/2022 AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY LESSON 51, FOR AUGUST 21, 2022 : TOPIC – REVISION/SUMMARY
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2021/2022
AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 21ST OF AUGUST, 2022
LESSON FIFTY ONE (51)
SUMMARY OF LESSON 46 – 50
LESSON FORTY SIX (46)
BIBLE TEXT: Matthew 5:3-12
MEMORY VERSE: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works. and glorify your Father which is in heaven’ Matthew 5:16
LESSON AIM: At the end of this study, teens should know about the beatitudes.
CENTRAL TRUTH: There are things we do that attracts God’s blessing into our lives.
INTRODUCTION: Beatitudes means supreme Blessedness, that’s amazing, it also implies a current beatitudes state of happiness and wellbeing. We all know about the beatitudes, there are lots of blessings attached there, but don’t be too quick to claim the blessings without carrying out the instructions.
Condition we must fulfilled to receive God’s blessings;
1. We must be humble to inherit the kingdom of God – Matthew 5:3.
God hate pride and he resist those that are proud- James 4:6
2. Blessed are those that mourn, God will comfort them – Matthew 5:4. We have comfort and a comforter in God – John 14:18
3. If we are meek, we will inherit the earth – Matthew 5:5. We must be meek in order to be blessed
4. Those who pants after righteousness will be blessed and filled – Matthew 5:6. We must pant after God in righteousness – Psalm 42:1.
5. Those who show mercy to other are blessed and shall obtain mercy – Matthew 5:7
6. Those whose heart are pure will see God – Matthew 5:8. Holiness is the pathway to accessing God and his holy hill to receive blessings – Psalm 24:2-5
7. Those who live and make peace with others are blessed and are the true children of God – Matthew 5:9. We must follow peace with all men- Hebrews 12:14.
8. Blessed and righteous living will bring persecution, but if we don’t give up, we will inherit the kingdom of God and receive great rewards – Matthew 5:10-12.
Grace is available and sufficient: This powerful teaching of Jesus points us to what we must to inherit blessings. We must all we can to do all that God requires from us in order to be blessed. These things may not be easy, but God’s grace is available and sufficient for you. 2 Corinthians 12:9. Tap into God’s grace.
LIFE APPLICATION: The blessing of God is possible but make up your mind to understand and fulfill the necessary requirements to get the blessings.
CONCLUSION: Living out the beatitude will make your life happy and better. The inner happiness spoken of in the Beatitudes is God’s gift of blessing granted to those who choose to be disciples.
LESSON FORTY SEVEN (47)
BIBLE TEXT: 2 Samuel 12:1-13
Memory Verse: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness’ 1 John 1:9
LESSON AIM: At the end of this study, teens should know about repentance.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Repentance brings forgiveness.
INTRODUCTION: Repentance is the act of evaluating one’s actions and feeling sorry about them and taking a definite step to turn away from such. It is a commitment that proves a change for the better. David is a good biblical example of someone who genuinely repented of his sins.
He adopted the five steps of repentance which are:
1. Acknowledging the sin
2. Confessing the sin
3. Asking forgiveness
4. Turning away from the sin
5. Restoring/correcting the wrong done.
Steps to repentance, using our text;
1. When we hear God’s word and it enters our hearts. Hebrews 4:12.
This is represented by the story Nathan told David. vs 1-4.
2. When we appropriate the word to ourselves and define the sin. vs 5-6.
3. Avoid defensiveness and allow the word to match up with what you have done. vs 7-9.
4. Feel bad about what you have done. vs 13.
5. Desire and determine not to do it again.
5. Take the step to ask for forgiveness. Psalm 51
Hindrances to genuine repentance;
2. Worldliness, not willing to let go of the things of the world.
3. Satanic manipulation.
4. Lack of knowledge of the truth which is God’s word.
5. Lack of fellowship Heb. 3:13
LIFE APPLICATION: Examine yourself and Confess every secret and sin to God to receive forgiveness.
CONCLUSION: Godly sorrow leads to repentance. Be sorry and repent from any sin or wrong doing. If you repent, God will forgive and pardon you. Genuine repentance comes from a broken and contrite spirit. Psalm 51:17
LESSON FORTY EIGHT (48)
BIBLE TEXT: 1 Corinthians 6:8-11; 2 Timothy 2:21
MEMORY VERSE: ‘And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God’ 1 Corinthians 6:11
LESSON AIM: At the end of this study, teens should know about sanctification
CENTRAL TRUTH: God wants us to live sanctified lives.
INTRODUCTION: From 2 Tim 2:21, sanctification can be defined as the act of cleansing ourselves from filthiness and setting ourselves apart, holy onto the Lord. This means making a conscious, willing decision to dedicate your spirit, soul, mind, heart, and body to God. Sanctification removes the root of sin from our hearts and our love for God becomes pure and our service to God becomes selfless with good intentions.
Make a list of the characteristics of people who are not sanctified in 1 Cor 6:8-11
Steps to sanctification:
1. Repent and be born again.
2. Renew your mind daily in God’s word. Rom 12:1-2.
3. Living in the spirit Galatians 5:16-26 and as we do this, we become baptized in the Holy Spirit, we begin to bear the fruits of the Spirit, we receive the gifts of the Spirit and we become more and more like Jesus.
Benefits of Sanctification:
1. We will be dead to sin, resisting temptation becomes easier, we will not be tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine.
2. Loving and walking with God becomes easier.
3. No fear in death because heaven is guaranteed.
4. We will have good control over the use of our five senses, thoughts and sinful sexual lusts (including pornography) lose their grip on our mind.
5. Forgiveness becomes easier and we will enjoy peace that passes all understanding.
6. We will enjoy fellowshipping with God.
7. The devil will have no hold over our life.
8. We will attract divine favour and blessings.
Facts about Sanctification:
• The journey to becoming sanctified begins when you become born again
• Sanctification Increases Throughout Life.
• Sanctification is Completed when we meet the Lord in glory. So we must work it out till the end.
LIFE APPLICATION: Examine yourself and make conscious efforts to put away anything & anyone that is hindering you from living a sanctified life.
CONCLUSION: The process of sanctification is carried out through the working of the Holy Spirit on our hearts, cleansing it and setting us apart for God’s use. However, we must cooperate with the Holy Spirit to complete His work.
The benefits and blessings of sanctification are countless. We have mentioned just a few. Pray that God will sanctify you so that you can begin to enjoy these blessings.
LESSON FORTY NINE (49)
BIBLE TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 5:21-23
Memory Verse: “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God-this is your true and proper worship’ Romans 12:1
LESSON AIM: Teenagers should learn and understand what is consecration?
CENTRAL TRUTH: Consecration is a requirement in our Christian journey.
INTRODUCTION: The word consecration can be defined as the act of separating ourselves from things and associations that can affect our relationship with God and dedicating ourselves to God and His kingdom. Joshua told the children of Israel to consecrate themselves for God to do wonders in their midst. Joshua 3:5
Things we should consecrate includes: friends, businesses, fun activities,
The process of consecration can be seen as the human side of sanctification, whereas God sanctifies us through His word, we consecrate ourselves unto God. Our memory verse is a call to consecration.
How can we consecrate ourselves?
1. Praying with the word
2. Presenting ourselves to God a living sacrifice. Rom 12:1-2
3. 2 Corinthians 6:14
Benefits of Consecration:
1. Divine visitation Ex 19:10, Joshua 3:5.
3. Colossians 3:5-14.
4. 2 Corinthians 6:17.
5. Joshua 3:5.
6. Enjoy fresh auction always.
Why do we need to consecrate ourselves to God?
1. Consecration helps us to glorify God in our body – 1 Corinthians 6:20
2. Consecration helps us to become a living sacrifice – Romans 12:1
3. Consecration free from the slavery of Sin – Romans 6:19
4. Consecration helps us to present ourselves as instruments of righteousness – Romans 16:13
5. Consecration helps us to give ourselves to the Lord for his use – Exodus 13:2, Exodus 30:30
6. Consecration helps us to live holy-Exodus 19:10, 1 Peter 2:9
7. Consecration helps us not to live our lives anyhow – Psalm 1:1-3.
LIFE APPLICATION: You can live a consecrated life to the Lord. Make up your mind to make that conscious decision.
CONCLUSION: For us to enjoy all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus, we must be willing to make a conscious decision to dedicate your soul, mind heart, and body to God. Consecration is firstly a life of personal holiness before service to God. It is our personal relationship with God that brings spiritual power which enables us to be a living sacrifice holy and acceptable unto God.
Full consecration is the highest level we can attain in our Christian journey
Let us desire it and aim at it. The experience of living for and serving God at that level is awesome.
LESSON FIFTY (50)
TOPIC: CHRIST SECOND COMING
BIBLE TEXT: Acts 1:9-11; 2 Pet 3: 3-10
MEMORY VERSE: For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first’ 1 Thessalonians 4:16
LESSON AIM: At the end of this study, the teens should know about the second coming of Jesus Christ
CENTRAL TRUTH: Jesus Christ is coming again, be prepared.
INTRODUCTION: The life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ was to fulfill God’s plan for mankind. The only way God could reconcile us back to him after man fell in the garden of eden was to send Jesus to come and die for our sins. He was the perfect sacrifice that could take away the sins of the whole world.
So, He came and He is with God in heaven now, but he has one more purpose to fulfill in our lives to complete the work of reconciliation. He is coming back to take us to live with Him in heaven. John 14:3. This news was given to his
disciples that were with him in Jerusalem 40 days after his resurrection.
There are special days in our lives that we look forward to: birthdays, graduation days, wedding day, etc. You would have had great expectations towards these special days. Another day that we should be expecting is the day the bible teaches that Jesus will return. How are you prepared.
Facts about the second coming of Jesus Christ:
1. No one knows the day or the time. Matthew 24:36.
2. On that day, the dead in Christ will rise. 1 Thessalonians 4:1 6.
3. Every eye will see Him when He comes. Revelation 1:7.
4. Those alive and ready will be caught up with Him in the air. 1 Thessalonians 4:17.
5. He will come unannounced. 2 Peter 3:10.
6. It shall be a day of recompensing. Revelation 22:12.
7. His second coming will be a mourning time, a time of devastation for those not prepared including sleeping Christians.
8. It will be a day of joy for the saints.
9. A day of revelation. 2 Thess 1:7.
10. His second coming will mark the beginning of the millennium.
Let us consider some things that will happen before He comes:
So, when we see them happening, they will remind us that He is still coming
Read Matt. 24:3-15 and put the signs of Jesus coming into categories:
1. The Signs of our Physical world. Matt 24:7, Luke 21:11
2. The Decadence in our Society. Matthew 24:12, 2 Timothy 3:1-5
3. The Spiritual Signs. Positive signs: Matthew 24:14, Joel 2:28-32. Negative signs: Matthew 24:5, 1 Timothy 4:1, Matthew 24:9
4. Increase in Knowledge: Daniel 12:4
The Rapture Vs the Second Coming of Jesus:
The rapture will happen before the second coming of Jesus. Rapture is the sudden cut off of the children of God to meet the Lord in the air, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17. At rapture, the dead in Christ will rise first, and those who are alive will be changed and cutoff to meet the Lord in the air. The purpose of the rapture is to remove the true children of God from the world before the tribulation and era of the antichrist.
The second coming is the coming of Jesus after the tribulation to judge the World and establish the millennial reign. Revelation 20:1-7.
Live ready, Jesus is coming back:
Are you ready for the rapture? If the trumpet sounds today, are you going with Him? Jesus is coming and His reward is with Him to give to every man according as his work shall be. Hold fast to that which you have and don’t let any man take your crown. Revelation 3:11
LIFE APPLICATION: Carefully examine your life, repent and do away with anything that will make you miss the rapture of the saints and your mansion in heaven.
CONCLUSION: Jesus is coming back and it is very soon. Are you ready?