Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional For September 14, 2022 : Topic – Have The Mind Of Christ In You
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST IN YOU
TEXT: Philippians 2:5-11(NKJV)
5. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6. who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
7. but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, [and] coming in the likeness of men.
8. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to [the point of] death, even the death of the cross.
9. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10. that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11. and [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
STUDY: The reading of today’s chapter introduces the humility of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, who though equal with God, took on the form of a servant and became like man. Jesus further went to the cross and died to deliver us from sin and condemnation and to bring an everlasting peace to the world. He humbled himself unto obedience to die a shameful death and thus was given a name that is above every other name. Jesus was clear in his purpose which was to do the will of his Father and to fulfil it (John 9:4). He stood for and lived in obedience even when it wasn’t convenient with Him (Matt. 26:36-44); He brought glory to his Father.
Now, Christians should look unto the Lord and follow his footsteps. This demands our total obedience. Again, anyone who desires to be exalted should be prepared to welcome obedience to the will of God. This is the way of Christ and His pattern of life. To seek to know his pattern and to do his will, we must have a Christ-like mind.
PRAYER: O Lord, help me to pursue your mind that I might seek to do your will at all times