Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional For September 25, 2022 : Topic – All The Words The Lord Has Spoken, We Will Do
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: ALL THE WORDS THE LORD HAS SPOKEN, WE WILL DO
TEXT: Exodus 24:1-18(NKJV)
1. Now He said to Moses, “Come up to the LORD, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and worship from afar.
2. “And Moses alone shall come near the LORD, but they shall not come near; nor shall the people go up with him.”
3. So Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD and all the judgments. And all the people answered with one voice and said, “All the words which the LORD has said we will do.”
4. And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD. And he rose early in the morning, and built an altar at the foot of the mountain, and twelve pillars according to the twelve tribes of Israel.
5. Then he sent young men of the children of Israel, who offered burnt offerings and sacrificed peace offerings of oxen to the LORD.
6. And Moses took half the blood and put [it] in basins, and half the blood he sprinkled on the altar.
7. Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read in the hearing of the people. And they said, “All that the LORD has said we will do, and be obedient.”
8. And Moses took the blood, sprinkled [it] on the people, and said, “This is the blood of the covenant which the LORD has made with you according to all these words.”
9. Then Moses went up, also Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel,
10. and they saw the God of Israel. And [there was] under His feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, and it was like the very heavens in [its] clarity.
11. But on the nobles of the children of Israel He did not lay His hand. So they saw God, and they ate and drank.
12. Then the LORD said to Moses, “Come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you tablets of stone, and the law and commandments which I have written, that you may teach them.”
13. So Moses arose with his assistant Joshua, and Moses went up to the mountain of God.
14. And he said to the elders, “Wait here for us until we come back to you. Indeed Aaron and Hur [are] with you. If any man has a difficulty, let him go to them.”
15. Then Moses went up into the mountain, and a cloud covered the mountain.
16. Now the glory of the LORD rested on Mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days. And on the seventh day He called to Moses out of the midst of the cloud.
17. The sight of the glory of the LORD [was] like a consuming fire on the top of the mountain in the eyes of the children of Israel.
18. So Moses went into the midst of the cloud and went up into the mountain. And Moses was on the mountain forty days and forty nights.
STUDY: All the words of the Lord and all the ordinances were made explicit to Israel by Moses. To avoid any counterfeit of God’s words, God Himself wrote His words, the laws and commandments on tables of stone for Moses. Thereafter, the Book of Covenant was sealed with blood as Israel affirmed before Moses that they would be obedient to God’s words. However, as time went on, God dealt with them when they showcased their religious syncretism, hypocrisy, stubbornness and deliberate disobedience to God’s words. God will not spare us when we disobey Him. It is evil to hold the truth in unrighteousness.
It is very dangerous to worship God under His anger due to deliberate disobedience. This will surely bring definite destruction. If we believe and obey God, we will see the dazzling glory of God. Read God’s word, memorise the same, meditate on and preach it and above all, act on God’s words. Obedience is better than sacrifice and to hearken than the fat of rams. Rebellion is as the sin of divination. Beware! (1 Sam 15:22-23)
PRAYER: Father, in your mercy, enable me to keep and obey all your words in Jesus’ name. Amen.