Anglican Daily Fountain For September 29, 2022 : Topic – The Angels Of God
TOPIC: The Angels Of God
READ: Revelation 12:7-12 (NKJV)
- And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,
- but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.
- So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
- Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.
- “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
- “Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”
As beings which God were created before the earth, angels must not be worshipped, or prayed to. In their various ranks, angels are ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation (Heb.1:14). Some angels rebelled with Satan against God and were cast out of heaven; these must not be consulted or connected to in any way. Of particular note among the angels is Angel Michael. He is called the great prince which stands for the children of Israel (Dan. 10:12, 12:1).
He is spoken of in Rev 12:7-9 as the commander of the angels of God who will fight against the devil and his angels and will cast them to the earth. Satan the accuser of the brethren and deceiver of the whole world will be thrown down to earth and conquered by the blood of the Lamb. Jesus is the captain of our salvation; in Him we are more than conquerors. Angels are servants, we are heirs and joint-heirs with Christ.
PRAYER: Help our unbelief oh God and deliver us. Dear God, may your angels guard us in all our ways through Christ our Lord. Amen.