Inspirational Message by Pastor D.K. Olukoya : Topic – Uncommon Qualities for Powerful Impact
Uncommon Qualities for Powerful Impact by Pastor D.K. Olukoya
Deuteronomy 28:13 (KJV)
“13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:”
There are categories of people in life; you may decide where you want to belong:
1. Those who never discover who they are: Those who are absolutely ignorant about their destinies.
2. Those who do not know what is happening: They really do not understand what life is all about.
3. Those who watch things happening: They are mere spectators. I pray that the ‘spectator syndrome’ shall disappear from your life today, and I also pray that men shall gather at your results, in the name of Jesus.
There were lots of people by the cross of Jesus when He was nailed to it. Some felt sorry for Him; some went there to sympathize; some went to laugh at Him; but there was a man on the cross, a thief, who looked at him and said: “Lord! Remember me when you get to Your kingdom.” Jesus turned to him and said: “Verily, Verily I say unto you, today you shall be with Me in paradise.” Only that thief got a miracle, The rest were mere spectators.
4. Those who make things happen: That is the group the Almighty wants you to belong to.
5. Those who struggle endlessly: There are the strugglers and the wrestlers. They struggle to go to school, struggle to come out of school, struggle to get a job, struggle to get married, struggle to build a house, etc. Everything is done through struggle.
I used to have a friend in those days when I was doing my Ph.D. My friend was from Zimbabwe. His name was Sibanda. If I say, “Sibanda, how are you today?” He will say, “Not too bad.” When you say not too bad, it means it is bad. He would go ahead and say, “The struggles continue until victory or defeat or both.” And it happened to him according to his confession. The strugglers and the wrestlers are just surviving; no real breakthrough, nothing! I pray that the struggling and wrestling syndrome of your father’s house that wants to start painting your destiny black will be buried now, in the name of Jesus.
6. There are the ‘zero people’: They are just there. Nothing is happening.
7. We have the ‘not enough‘ people: They have, but it’s not enough. They are at poverty level.
8. We have the ‘just enough’ people: Average.
We sent a pastor abroad who held the key of the auditorium in his pocket. He would come, open the auditorium, arrange the chairs, take the opening prayer, lead the praise worship, take the testimony, take the Bible reading, sing special numbers, preach, call the prayers after the message, bring out a bag from his pocket to collect the offering, end the service and settle down to do counselling, close the door, put the key in his pocket and go away. He did not train anybody because he was afraid that if he trained the local people, they would take over, He left the place and he made no impact.
When you leave a place with honour, you have made an impact. When your presence in your family makes an impact, then you are doing the right thing. You are significant because you make things happen.
What Does It Mean To Make Positive Impact In Life?
To make positive impact is to become a force that people reckon with and not just a mere figurehead. This means that if you want to be a pastor, be a pastor that will make impact; if you want to be a prophet, be a prophet that will make impact; if you want to sing, be a singer that will make impact. Any talent you want to use, use it in a way that will positively impact the lives of other people. Fortunately, there is no talent that cannot make you a millionaire, even if it is ordinary dressing people up.
To make positive impact means to be a source of change. When the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries started in 1989, other churches laughed at us. Some preached against us, some people stated that we were praying useless prayers, but those who said so are now praying the same prayers, They are even much more aggressive than us.
To make positive impact is to be an agent of transformation. You make notable impressions upon people’s hearts and minds when you make a positive impact. I was in my counselling room at the headquarters some years ago when a man came to me for counselling. As we finished and he went out, he ran back inside. I said, “You can go sir” but he said, “Let me stay here a little bit sir. There is one woman by your door whom I do not want to see. I asked him why he did not want to see her and he said, “Long story sir. Just let me stay here; she is the last person I expect here. God is indeed doing a lot in M.F.M, How did this woman get here?” I told him that the woman came to see me. Eventually I asked him why he was running from her and he said, “I promised that woman I was going to marry her and she aborted for me seven times. I then married somebody else.” His impact on the woman was negative.
Positive impact means creating positive effect with your life. It means leaving an indelible mark in the lives of people. Remember, life is a journey which has a beginning, a course and an end. When you were born, you came into this world crying and you started life. Then a day would come again when if you are lucky, a pastor would stand at the graveyard and say, “Dust unto dust, ashes unto ashes” and that would be the end.
Life is like a book; it has a beginning, a middle and an end as well. It is a tragedy when they sack you from your place of work and nobody knows you were sacked because you did not make any impact there. Whereas if some people are sacked, the M.D. would come and complain, “Who sacked him? Bring him back right now!” That person has made impact. I pray that the power to make impact will catapult your name and the name of your family to unprecedented heights, will come upon you now, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
- Father, I thank You because You are good and Your mercy endures forever, in the name of Jesus.
- I cast all my burdens (spiritual, physical, marital, career, ministerial and financial) upon the Lord, my Burden Bearer, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise an baptise me with the fire of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
- Heaven of unimaginable favour and breakthroughs, open unto me now, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, inject into me the spiritual energy that will make me walk tirelessly with You, in the name of Jesus.
- Power to make lasting positive impact in life and ministry, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
- Father bless me with the power to recognize and utilize entrepreneurial opportunities, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and lift me to a new spiritual height, in the name of Jesus.
- O hands of God, arise, rewrite my story and restore my glory, in the name of Jesus.
- This year, my Father, bless the works of my hands greatly and let the blessed call me highly blessed, in the name of Jesus.