RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES 13-19) – TEACHER’S MANUAL FOR OCTOBER 23, 2022 : TOPIC – THE PROMISE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES 13-19) – TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 23RD OF OCTOBER, 2022
LESSON EIGHT (08)
TOPIC: THE PROMISE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
BIBLE TEXT: Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
MEMORY VERSE: Luke 24:49 “And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
LESSON AIM: At the end of this lesson, teenagers will understand the significance of the promise of the Holy Spirit.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God that empowers believers for service.
INTRODUCTION: Jesus knowing fully well that He will ascend to heaven, and also that the disciples might lack power and courage, convey to them the promise of the Holy Spirit, which was given by the father because without the Holy Spirit, living a godly life and proper witnessing would be impossible. The Holy Spirit came to give us power and ability to do all things.
A. THE PROMISES OF THE SPIRIT ARE:
– A Gift. – Acts 2:38
– The promise of the father. -“Acts 1:4
– A baptism. – Acts 1:5
– Power from on high. – Luke 24:49
– Prophecy fulfilled. – Joel 2:28-29, Acts 2:17-19
B. THE PROMISE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS PURPOSES:
– To baptize believers with the Holy Spirit. – John 1:33, Acts 1:5
– To dwell in believers. – John 14:16-17, Acts 2:4
– To give strength and direction to believers. – John 14:26
– To empower believers to be God’s witness. – Acts 1:8
C. BY WHOM WAS THE PROMISE MADE?
– By God the Father through God the Son. – Luke 24:49
– By God, but through Christ, who conveys to us our Father’s promise. – John 14:16, 17,26; John 15:26; John 16:7-15.
D. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROMISED HOLY SPIRIT:
– Awareness of the importance of the Holy Spirit. – Acts 1:4
– Awareness of the Holy Spirit as the source of believer’s power. – Acts 1:8
– Awareness of the help that comes through the Holy Spirit. – John 14:26, 15:26.
E. TO WHOM IS THE HOLY SPIRIT PROMISED?
– To the disciples of Christ Jesus. – Acts 1:4-5
– To all believers. – Acts 2:38-39, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13.
– To the gentiles. – Galatians 3:14
LIFE APPLICATION: The distinctive mark of a Christian is that he is indwelt by the Holy Spirit and it is true of every Christian from the moment cf believing in Jesus Christ. The promise of the Holy Spirit is meant for everyone but is received only by children of God to equip and empower them to fulfill God’s purpose in life.
CONCLUSION: The promise of the Father was the promise that the Holy Spirit would come at Pentecost to do a distinctive work in the lives of all Christians; it was a promise to all believers and to the Church at large to glorify God.
Ask them – What is God saying in today’s lesson?
How can they apply this to their lives?
Let them put their prayer points here: