LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR OCTOBER 10, 2019 : TOPIC – THINK DIFFERENTLY
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Thursday, October 10, 2019
– World Mental Health Day & World Sight Day
TOPIC – THINK DIFFERENTLY
Read Genesis 45:1-5
1. Then Joseph could not refrain himself before all them that stood by him; and he cried, Cause every man to go out from me. And there stood no man with him, while Joseph made himself known unto his brethren.
2. And he wept aloud: and the Egyptians and the house of Pharaoh heard.
3. And Joseph said unto his brethren, I am Joseph; doth my father yet live? And his brethren could not answer him; for they were troubled at his presence.
4. And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.
5. Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.
MEMORISE: But now, do not therefore be grieved or angry with yourselves because you sold me here; for God sent me before you to preserve life (Genesis 45:5)
A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up the sign, “I am blind, please help”. There were only a few coins in the hat. A man walking by, stopped to drop a few coins in the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone passing by would see the new words. Soon, the hat began to fill up, because a lot more people started giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon, the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognised his footsteps and asked, “Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?” The man replied, “I only wrote the truth. I said what you said, but in a different way. I wrote: ‘Today is a beautiful day; but I can’t see it’.”
Both signs told people that the boy was blind, but the first sign simply said the boy was blind. The second sign reminded people how fortunate they were to have their sight, which commanded a better result. Should we then be surprised that the second sign was more effective?
The world today has become the world of thinkers, only positive and deep thinkers get better results. Faith is not about everything turning out to be fine, but it is about being fine, no matter how things turn out. There is a much better way of doing what you do for the Lord, in your office, at home, in the church, and in all endeavours. You only need to spend more time to pray, think and meditate towards getting better and becoming more efficient on duty. Remember, only right thinkers get better results. Moreover, results erase insults!
1. Lord, please, help me to shape my thinking pattern to Your kingdom standard; enlarge the capacity of my heart to think out of the box.
2. Lord, help our political and religious leaders with the heart to think differently and execute people-oriented, God-glorifying policies, differently, for better results.
3. Pray for the mentally ill people, that God should rehabilitate them, fast.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isa. 13:10 – 16:9; Eph. 6:12 – 6:24; Phil. 1:1 – 1:9
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE