LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR OCTOBER 6, 2019 : TOPIC – BE EXPECTANT
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Sunday, October 6, 2019
TOPIC: BE EXPECTANT
Read – Hebrews 1
9. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10. For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
MEMORISE: To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
Expectation is the act or state of looking forward to something. It is anticipation that something would happen. It is the prospect of the future. When Christ completed His earthly ministry and ascended to heaven, He charged His followers, as He is equally charging us today, to keep expecting His second coming. Most unfortunately, today, majority are weary of expecting His return. Why? He is tarrying. The apostles and early church were more prepared than those of us today (end-time Christians). Majority are not expecting, and those that do, think it is not likely to be now.
Christ wants us to be looking forward to the fulfilment of His physical blessing, irrespective of the dictate of the world economy and that of spiritual ones. The second coming of our Saviour will happen anytime, soon.
What are the promises of God? How long have you been waiting for them? His promise cannot be denied, even when it delays. It will surely be done. Therefore, keep on joyfully expecting the manifestation of all He has said.
At bad times, focus your attention on the ability of God to help you, rather than on your inability to help yourself. Read the Bible accounts of God’s goodness, and meditate on them. Ask God to send His light and truth to guide you to the holy mountain, where you will encounter God. God’s truth provides the right path to follow and God’s light provides the clear vision to follow. Any time you feel surrounded by darkness and uncertainty, follow God’s light and truth. He will guide you. Your expectation will not be cut short. Amen.
1. Lord, meet my expectations by Your grace and power, and for Your glory.
2. The grace to wait on You, Father, endow me, today and always.
3. Pray for retirees and pensioners, that God should help them to get their dues (gratuity and pensions, as the case may be), as and when due.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isaiah 1:10 – 3:19; Ephesians 3:10 – 4:10
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE