October 24, 2019 LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE : TOPIC – A STEP INTO INTIMACY WITH GOD
THE LIVING WATER CAC
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Thursday, October 24, 2019
– World Development Information Day
TOPIC – A STEP INTO INTIMACY WITH GOD
Read Exodus 33:8-13
8. And it came to pass, when Moses went out unto the tabernacle, that all the people rose up, and stood every man at his tent door, and looked after Moses, until he was gone into the tabernacle.
9. And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the Lord talked with Moses.
10. And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door.
11. And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.
12. And Moses said unto the Lord, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
13. Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
MEMORISE: Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded (James 4:8)
Today is World Development Information Day. The way to grow towards maturity in Christ Jesus is by being regularly informed in Him, and this comes through unbroken intimacy with Him. No one can go far with God in the spiritual realm beyond the intimacy he or she builds with Him. Men whom God has used had always had a personal desire for intimacy with God. They waited on Him. They sought Him and delighted in Him (Psa. 42:1; 63:1). Developing intimacy with God is the key to fulfilment in life and ministry. The intimacy we build with God determines how He relates with us. It also determines how He speaks to us, and directs us. We enjoy communion with God to the degree of the intimacy we build with Him (Zech. 1:3).
Intimacy with God goes beyond having familiarity with Him. One can know some details about God, but he or she may not know God Himself (Dan. 11:32). You must know God beyond what others tell you He is. You must have personal encounter with Him yourself (Jn. 20:17). Intimacy with God is not just a feeling. It goes much deeper than emotion. True intimacy goes down to our very souls and reflected by our actions (Prov. 3:32).
Intimacy is all about knowing and being known by God. Our major motive for intimacy with God should be to desire to know Him the more (Jer. 9:23-24; Phil. 3:7-11). To know God is to encounter Him progressively. Moses sought to know God, intimately. He prayed to God to show him His way, and God answered him. God made known His ways to Moses, but He made known His acts to the children of Israel (Psa. 103:7). There is always more of God you can encounter, if you can only take the right step to move closer to Him, more than ever before.
1. Lord, draw me nearer to You, more than ever before, in Jesus’ name.
2. I relieve myself of every disturbance that prevents me from moving closer to You, O God, in Jesus’ name.
3. Lord, restore to Your Church the grace of personal and corporate Bible study and prayer as of old.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isaiah 58:12 – 62:6; 2 Thessalonians 1:3 – 2:11
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE