August 11, 2020 Living Water CAC Daily Devotional Guide :- TOPIC : ELIJAH’S GOD STILL ANSWERS PRAYERS
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
ELIJAH’S GOD STILL ANSWERS PRAYERS
Read: 1 Kings 18:41-46
1 Kings 18:41-46 “Then Elijah said to Ahab, “Go get something to eat and drink, for I hear a mighty rainstorm coming!” So Ahab went to eat and drink. But Elijah climbed to the top of Mount Carmel and bowed low to the ground and prayed with his face between his knees. Then he said to his servant, “Go and look out toward the sea.” The servant went and looked, then returned to Elijah and said, “I didn’t see anything.” Seven times Elijah told him to go and look. Finally the seventh time, his servant told him, “I saw a little cloud about the size of a man’s hand rising from the sea.” Then Elijah shouted, “Hurry to Ahab and tell him, ‘Climb into your chariot and go back home. If you don’t hurry, the rain will stop you!’” And soon the sky was black with clouds. A heavy wind brought a terrific rainstorm, and Ahab left quickly for Jezreel. Then the Lord gave special strength to Elijah. He tucked his cloak into his belt and ran ahead of Ahab’s chariot all the way to the entrance of Jezreel.”
And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain and the earth produced its fruit (James 5:18)
Prayer is a divine force through the heart of a man to command supernatural things to happen through the hand of God. And he prayed again… (Jam. 5:18) refers to Elijah’s attitude to prayer. Elijah prayed and he prayed again. He did not give up in prayer, at all. He was a man that solved problems through prayer. By prayer, miracles manifest themselves in the affairs of men. One thing we are privileged to have, like in the days of Elijah is that, God is readily on His throne of hear us (Jn. 14:14). He has not changed, and cannot (Heb. 13:8). It is God’s permissive duty to hear us when we pray.
Elijah called down fire, by prayer, and finally opened the doors of rain that the earth would be fruitful, by prayers. What do you want to make happen?
Just pray! Know these:
1. open and close doors by prayers (Matt. 18:18);
2. prayer is man’s livewire to connect to God (Jn. 14:14));
3. prayer is the supernatural means to undo whatever the enemies have done (1 Sam. 30);
4. prayer makes you superior to the devil (Psalms 34);
5. by prayer, you can cause your life to be fruitful (Zech. 10:1);
6. prayer is the head lamp to see ahead, and the brake light to stop satanic work (Exod. 14); and
7. The only limit to what prayer can do, is what men do not pray about. More prayer, more answers.
1. O Lord, release heavenly rain to make my life fruitful.
2. Pray for the grace to break limits and breakthrough, not just breaking even in prayer.
3. Intercede for this nation with the grace of prayer you have received.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 18 – 21; Revelation 2