November 17, 2020 Open Heaven Devotional : Topic – Unequally Yoked?
Topic: Unequally Yoked?
Memorise: Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? – 2 Corinthians 6:14
Read: 2 Corinthians 6:13-18 (KJV)
13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Bible In One Year: Acts 7-8
Who you associate with is a great determinant of whether God will be silent over your matter or if He will act on your behalf. In Genesis 12:1, God told Abraham to leave his father’s house and go to a land He would show him. Unfortunately, Lot Abraham’s nephew, went with him. Lot being with Abraham hindered God from delivering the promise to him, but the moment Lot was separated from him, God remembered His promise.
“14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.” – Genesis 13:14-15
Thank God for His mercy that caused Abraham and Lot’s men to fight so that Lot could be separated from him (Genesis 13). I pray for you today: God will separate from you any friend or associate hindering Him from fulfilling His promise to you, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Joshua was experiencing victory upon victory until one day when he faced a small army that defeated him. That day, he had to investigate what made him fail and then he found out that there was a bag of bad egg in his company – Achan. After getting rid of Achan, the victories resumed (Joshua 7 & 8). The Almighty God who I serve will reveal to you any Achan in your family, company or Church in the mighty name of Jesus.
God wants to help some people, but He would not because of their friends and associates. It is either the person’s sins make it difficult for God to be involved in whatever the fellow is involved in or He knows that if He gives you what He wants to, with that fellow still in your life, it would result in more harm than good. Who are your friends? Who are your business partners? Who are you planning to get married to? Who is squatting with you in your house? You need to choose these people with care. If you choose a business partner who mutters incantations when you are praying, that project is not likely to go well because a house divided against itself cannot stand (Mark 3:25).
Prayerfully review the kind of people you associate with from today.
Hymn 4: Blessed Assurance, Jesus Is Mine
- Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
- Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
- Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
DAY 15: TUESDAY 17TH NOVEMBER, 2020 TOPIC: YOUTHS
BIBLE TEXT: Proverbs 20:29
Youth is the time of life when one is young. A time between childhood and adulthood and the glory of young man is their strength. It’s a time that young fellow need to travail in prayers to be able to achieve his/her destiny and live a fulfil life
- Father; thank you for your unfailing love, blessings and goodness upon our youth, Psa 1031-5
- Father, please increase the faith of all our youth in you, in Jesus name. Luke 17:5
- Father, please guide and protect our young, from the path of destruction and deliver them from the spirit of worldliness, in Jesus name. Psa 32:8
- Father, please as David defeated Goliath in his days let all our youth, defeat every Goliath assign against them 1sam 17
- Father, please help our young ones to obey and work for you at their youthful age in Jesus name. Lam 3:27
- Father, please make our youth, relevant in this generation, in Jesus name. Psalm 71:7
- Father, please deliver all our youth, from the hand of the wicked, the unrighteous and cruel men in Jesus name. Psa 71:4
- Father, please put an end to anything causing shame and disgrace in the life of our youth, in Jesus name. Isa 54:4
- Father, please remove far away the spirit of untimely death in the life of our youth in, in Jesus name. Job 36:14, Jer 9:21
- Father, please make our youth a partaker of your promise of increase in knowledge, in Jesus name. Dan 12:4
- Father, please make our youths relevant and useful in the political arrangement in this nation in Jesus name.
- Father, please open the eyes of our youth and give them clear vision, in Jesus name. Joel 2:28
- Father, please pour out your spirit upon the life of our youth to be able to do your will. Joel 2:28
- Father, please let the glory of all our youth be awaken now, in Jesus name. Psa 57:8
- Lord arise and save our children from the spirit of worldliness in Jesus name.
- Every demon in charge of social media manipulation and distraction we dethrone you in the name of Jesus.
- Father, deliver our youths from every battle acquired from birth affecting them negatively in Jesus name. John 9:1-9
- My children (names of your children) will not be a victim of negative effect of social media in Jesus name. Prov 18:9
- Lord; deliver our children and youths from the distraction of the excessive usage of social media Jesus name. Prov 18:2
- Lord help our youth to be more diligent, dedicated and committed to their jobs, careers, ministry, and their family in Jesus name. Prov 18:9.
- Father, please retrieve back our youths’ glory from the hands of household and territorial enemies, in Jesus name.
- Father, please remove far away the spirit of untimely death in the life of our youths, in Jesus name. Job 36:14, Jer 9:21
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.