January 29, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Concubinage: Enemy Of Peaceful Homes
TOPIC — Concubinage: Enemy Of Peaceful Homes
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 48-50
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 1 Kings 11:1-13 (KJV)
1 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites;
2 Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.
3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.
5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.
7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
8 And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
9 And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,
10 And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.
11 Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.
12 Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it for David thy father’s sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son.
13 Howbeit I will not rend away all the kingdom; but will give one tribe to thy son for David my servant’s sake, and for Jerusalem’s sake which I have chosen.
MEMORY VERSE: “And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.” – 1 Kings 11:3
You cannot sleep on the lap of Delilah and expect to open your eyes in the bosom of Abraham. Therefore, watch and pray.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
STRANGE PERSONALITIES SHALL NOT HAVE DOMINION IN YOUR MARRIAGE, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
Concubinage is the co-habitation of a man and woman without legal or formal marriage. It is an interpersonal and sexual relationship between a man and a woman that are not married. The woman in such a relationship is referred to as a concubine. Although, the Bible records some cases of men who had concubines, God never supported it.
The consequences of having concubines are very unpleasant. Some of them are as follows: Hagar was not the legal wife to Abraham, but a maid whom Sarah gave to him as a wife. The aftermath of that arrangement is still here with Christianity till today. The seeds of Ishmael became a thorn in the flesh of Christianity.
The price of David’s sin of murder was high. He spent the rest of his life regretting the fact that he coveted Bathsheba, Uriah’s wife and his subsequent murder of Uriah (2 Samuel 12:10-14).
What Prophet Nathan said in 2 Samuel 12:10-14 eventually came true: murder became a constant threat in David’s family (2 Samuel 13:16-30; 2 Samuel 18:14-15; 1 Kings 2:23-25), rebellion was in the household (2 Samuel 15:13), his wives were given to another in public view (2 Samuel 16:20-23), his first child by Bathsheba died, and the sword never departed from his family till today (2 Samuel 12:10). If David had known the painful consequences of his action, he would not have pursued the pleasures of the moment.
Beloved, remember that the consequences of your actions are deeper than you can ever foresee. If you want peace to reign in your home, avoid extra marital affairs. Although David confessed and repented of his sin, the judgement from God was irreversible. Think about this, beloved, and don’t ever go into the sin of sex outside your marriage.
Solomon was another example of a king that violated the laws of God by marrying seven hundred wives and three hundred concubines (1 Kings 11:3). Solomon’s concubines drew him into sacrificing to Molech, the god of the Ammonites. This was an abomination because its worship rites included child sacrifice (1 Kings 11:5-8). As a result, God took the kingdom from him and gave it to his servant (1 Kings 11:11).
Beloved, the consequences of disobedience are always heavy. It is not enough to start well; you must pray to God to give you the grace to end well. Focus on your spouse and be faithful to him or her. Allow God to be in control of your life and family. Do not expose your spouse and children to curses by having extra marital affairs.
- Stronghold of sexual immortality in my life, collapse and rise no more, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, crucify the old nature in my life to Your cross, in the name of Jesus.
- Sexual immortality shall not have dominion over my life, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus Christ, I blot out the sin of sexual immortality that is standing against me before the throne of God in heaven, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, strengthen me and deliver me from the sin of sexual immortality, in the name of Jesus.
- Every voice of sexual immortality the enemy is projecting into my life, backfire now, in the name of Jesus.
- By the blood of Jesus Christ, I silence every voice of sexual immortality, programmed against me from the pit of hell, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – January 29, 2021 – DAY 23
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- Every power, boasting against the prayers of this church, we command such power to bow, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, give all our members and pastors, hunger for righteousness and godliness, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, cause it to happen, that the failure of the devil, will advance in this church, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, make the spiritual life, of every member of MFM, to be too hot for the enemy to handle, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, provoking secret tears in my life, your time is up, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, turning my seat of glory into a seat of battle, receive the judgement of death, in the name of Jesus.
- Covenant of wicked elders, that stole my glory, break by the power in the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers, turning into serpents, to poison my life, be consumed by fire, in Jesus’ name.
- O God, arise by the thunder of Your power, separate darkness from my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Any gun battle, prepared against me, kill your owners, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power from hell, holding my glory, release my glory and die, in Jesus’ name.
- My battle and its source, face yourselves and destroy yourselves, in the name of Jesus.
- Destiny-destroying-battles, that have been troubling my life, hit the Rock of Ages and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every secret battle, hear the word of the Lord, die in shame, in the name of Jesus.