October 14, 2020 Mountain Of Fire Devotional :- God’s Searching Eyes
Read previous MFM Devotionals here
MFM Daily Devotional Mountain Top Life Devotional
By Dr. D.K Olukoya
14th October 2020
TOPIC: God’s Searching Eyes
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 1 Kings 14:1-18
The essence of today’s devotional is to allow God to speak to you face to face and mouth to mouth. God who created the human eye sees perfectly. Nothing can ever be hidden from him. Sometime ago, a man and a woman came to see me. The woman requested me to help the man because his enemies were destroying him. As I started praying, it was as if my prayers were bouncing back to me. I stopped and asked the woman to go out.
After she had left, I asked the man who she was. He said that she was just somebody who was concerned about his situation. I then asked if that was all and he said yes. I asked him to leave. Later, they both came back and the man said, “Please, sir, forgive me. I can see that it is not good to tell lies to a man of God. That woman is to be my fourth wife. I am just planning to marry her.” This confirms what the Bible says that the Lord will answer them according to the idols in their hearts.
A lot of singles have already made up their minds concerning the type of people they would like to marry, before praying to God to show them who to marry. As a result, they find it difficult to accept God’s will for their lives. God eventually gives them the idols they want.
When God gave King Saul an instruction, he decided to carry it out in his own way. God then told him, “Behold, obedience is better than sacrifice and to hearken than the fat of rams.” God also told him that, “stubbornness is an iniquity as idolatry and rebellion is as witchcraft” (Samuel 15:22-23).
So, a witch and a rebellious person are twin brothers in hell fire. A stubborn person and an idol worshipper are the same before God. Beloved, people are still busy camouflaging today like the wife of Jeroboam. But the truth is that nobody can deceive the Almighty. His searching eyes shall find you out.
Memory Verse: Song of Solomon 6:4 “Thou art beautiful, O my love, as Tirzah, comely as Jerusalem, terrible as an army with banners.”
Motivational Quote: Favour will make you receive what you never asked for.
Prophetic Word: You shall not die but live to declare the works of God.
HYMN: TRUST AND OBEY
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way,
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear,
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss, not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove the delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favour He shows and the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
1. I shall not die unfruitful and unfulfilled, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every good thing the enemy has swallowed in my life, be vomited, in the name of Jesus.
3. Oh God arise and send me help from the sanctuary and strengthen me out of Zion, in Jesus’ name.
1. Let my rescue and deliverance be announced from Heaven, in the name of Jesus.
2. Before I finish praying these prayers, oh Lord, let your angels move into action on my behalf, in Jesus’ name.
3. Every Prince of Persia and all territorial spirits around me, that are hindering the manifestation of Gods miracle in my life, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
4. I bind and cast out of my vicinity, all prayer and miracle blockers, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Corinthians 9; 1 Corinthians 11