RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES 13-19) – TEACHER’S MANUAL FOR JANUARY 29, 20223: TOPIC – FAITHFULNESS
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 29TH OF JANUARY, 2023
LESSON TWENTY TWO (22)
BIBLE TEXT: Proverbs 3:3-4
Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
MEMORY VERSE: Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
LESSON AIM: At the end of this study, teenagers will learn that faithfulness is: character produced in the life ofa believer through the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Faithfulness is a fruit of the spirit, which must be evident in the life of every believer.
INTRODUCTION: God is absolutely faithful; this is one of His main characteristics! Faithfulness is being steadfast, loyal, trustworthy, true dependable, devoted, and constant to something or someone. The opposite of faithful is dishonest or deceptive, false. A faithful person will follow God’s will even if others do not notice or appreciate what the person is doing. Love God continually and be someone God can rely on to obey His instructions. The virtue of faithfulness is found in people because of the Holy Spirit in them.
(A) CHARACTER OR TRAITS OFA FAITHFUL PERSON:
1. Commitment -Acts 2:42,2 Timothy 2:15
2. Love-2 Corinthians 5:14
3. Long suffering – Colossians 3: 12
4. Patience – Heb. 12:1, Jam. 1:3-4
5. Endurance – 2 Timothy 4:5
6. Steadfastness -1 Corinthians 15:58.
B) WAYS TO SHOW FAITHFULNESS.
1. Having an unwavering belief in God. Heb. 10:23, 1 Corinthians 15:58
2. Separating self from the world’s thought patterns and practices. Rom. 12:1-2, 2Corinthians 6:14-18.
3. Choosing to do what is right at all times. Matthew 10:22-33
4. Obey what God said in His Word. John 14:15
5. Love your neighbors. Matthew 25:40
C) REWARDS OF FAITHFULNESS
1. God preserves, protects & guards His faithful. Psalm 31:23.
2. God promises His faithful. Psalm 97:10
3. God blesses His faithful. Proverbs 28:20
4. God strengthens His faithful. 2 Thessalonians 3:3
5. God guides His faithful. 1 Corinthians 10:13.
LIFE APPLICATION: Faithfulness is a virtue and because God is faithful to us, we also need to be faithful to Him. The only way we can be faithful is through the influence of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit testifies to the truth in us, helps us to seek God, and makes us faithful. This can only be possible in the life of a believer through the help of the Holy Spirit. John 15:5.
CONCLUSION: Faithfulness is trusting God in all situations, especially in periods of storms or challenges. It entails believing God is who He says He is, not minding what situations we find ourselves in or what the world is saying. But trusting Him and following Him to the very end with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Ask them – What did they learn in today’s lesson?
How can they apply this to their lives?
Let them put their prayer points here: