January 27, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Healing Your Emotions (III)
TOPIC: Healing Your Emotions (III)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 43-45
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 2 Peter 1:5-11 (KJV)
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
MEMORY VERSE: “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” – Philippians 4:8
Discipline your thoughts, discipline your mind and discipline your life. Lack of discipline and self-control makes you an accident waiting to happen.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
I DECREE THAT EVERY UNPROFITABLE EMOTIONAL YOKE BE BROKEN, LUGGAGE OF DARKNESS BE LIFTED AND YOU RECEIVE FREEDOM, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
Having learnt so much about negative emotions and their consequences on our physical and spiritual well-being, it becomes necessary to know how to address and overcome them.
As Christians, our divine identity rests on our possession and manifestation of the fruit of the Spirit which encompasses the positive emotions and godly attitudes. These, and not only our works, will give us “abundant entrance into the Kingdom of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:11).
A true and genuine Christian should constantly seek to walk in the Spirit in order not to fulfil the lusts of the flesh, part of which are negative emotions. If God is in control of your inner man, the world or circumstances cannot control the outside of you. The Holy Spirit must be in control of your life within and without, if truly you are for Christ. These include your thoughts, emotions, feelings, temperaments, disposition and utterances (Romans 6:10-14).
We should emulate and demonstrate Christlike virtues in thought, word and action. By so doing, we are able to preach the gospel, not only with our words but also through our godly conduct, when Christ is made manifest in our character and relationships, especially before unbelievers (Titus 2:7-8, 3:8).
Beloved, it is time you returned to Jesus, confess and repent of all your outbursts of anger, arrogant and proud disposition, all acts of selfishness, nursing of envy and jealousy, bitterness and hatred towards your fellow men, unforgiving attitude and thoughts of vengeance, when God totally condemns them all. They are unhealthy and will endanger your life in all ramifications. Get out of the evil box of negative emotions! Conquer them before they conquer you!
The Bible is a complete Book that has solutions to all your problems, no matter the depth of it. But God needs your readiness and your faith; surrender to Him. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you overcome these attributes of the old man in you, so that your mind is renewed by the Word of God and you become a new man in Christ (Romans 12:2; Ephesians 4:22-24).
Pray fervently to pull down the stronghold of these negative emotions according to 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, embrace humility and brokenness so that God can draw you to Himself (Psalms 34:17-18, 51:17).
- O God, arise and create in me a new heart, in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, renew the right Spirit within me, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, in Your mercy, restore to me the joy of salvation, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, break me, mould and reshape me to fit into Your glorious desire, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive fresh fire and power to put my flesh under control, in the name of Jesus.
- I set ablaze every hidden seed of lust and sin, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and deliver me from the internal stronghold of bad habits, by the power in the blood of Jesus (mention as many as you can), in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – January 27, 2021 – DAY 21
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- You root of impossibilities, be uprooted from this church, in Jesus’ name.
- Presence of the living God, overshadow the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries worldwide afresh, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let there be terror upon every enemy of this church, in Jesus’ name.
- We destroy every power source against MFM, in the name of Jesus.
- By the power that catapulted the poor from the dust, O God, arise and catapult me into abundance, in the name of Jesus.
- I shake off the dust of poverty, from my life, by the power in the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Poverty, ravaging my family and my destiny, I shake you into unquenchable fire, in the name of Jesus.
- You my treasures, buried deep in the dust, hear the voice of the Lord, come forth and resurrect my glorious destiny by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Horns of wickedness, tormenting me in the dreams, crash with the Rock of Ages and break into pieces by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every demonic power, assigned to mock and ridicule my destiny, be disgraced by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power, hired to humiliate and drag me to beg for bread, be wasted, in the name of Jesus.
- King of glory, catapult me to my inheritance of the throne of glory, in Jesus’ name.
- I receive power from on high, to catapult my life to the palace of my prosperity, in the name of Jesus.
- Dust of poverty, that has settled on my life, I blow you off my life, by the wind of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus