February 4, 2021 Mountain Of Fire Devotional : Topic – Wisdom For Giving (III)
TOPIC: Wisdom For Giving (III)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 16-18
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 2 Corinthians 9:1-7 (KJV)
1 For as touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you:
2 For I know the forwardness of your mind, for which I boast of you to them of Macedonia, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal hath provoked very many.
3 Yet have I sent the brethren, lest our boasting of you should be in vain in this behalf; that, as I said, ye may be ready:
4 Lest haply if they of Macedonia come with me, and find you unprepared, we (that we say not, ye) should be ashamed in this same confident boasting.
5 Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren, that they would go before unto you, and make up beforehand your bounty, whereof ye had notice before, that the same might be ready, as a matter of bounty, and not as of covetousness.
6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
MEMORY VERSE: “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” – Luke 6:38
The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
GOD WILL SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY BY CHRIST JESUS, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
God pays attention to details. How you pay your firstfruits matters to Him. The failure to take this into cognisance has made many believers to forfeit parts of the blessings of first fruits that ought to have accrued to them.
For instance, many believers do not plan and prepare for the payment of their first fruits. Being a yearly affair, you ought to make adequate planning and preparation for next year’s payment the moment you pay the current year. Proper planning and adequate preparation for giving your offering and paying your tithe as well as firstfruits will help to ensure that you give God the first place and offer Him the best. It will also help to ensure that you clear other bills (rent, school fees, mortgage, etc) out of the way and that nothing competes or takes what you have earmarked for God. Planning and preparation will enable you to truly worship God with your substance. What steps do you need to take in planning and preparing for the payment of your firstfruit in line with God’s word? Here are some of them:
First, giving is a form of worship. The payment of your firstfruit should be treated as a significant spiritual exercise and as a way of worshiping God. There are injunctions from God about what you should give, to whom, when and how. Therefore, you should pray to God to enable you obey Him and fulfil His instructions. In your prayers, you can also ask God questions and listen to Him for further directions. When you get the payment of your firstfruits right, you can expect overflowing blessings from the All-Sufficient God. Second, estimate and correctly reckon what you will be giving to God. Ensure that you do not underpay or short-change God. Being diligent in this area also shows that you are a committed and Spirit-led believer. If you do not pay attention to the quantity and quality of what you pay as well as the timing, you may miss out on the benefits. The next thing is that you must prioritise God. In paying your firstfruits as well as tithes, ensure that you obey Exodus 22:29 by paying your firstfruits to God before any other payment or use.
In addition to this, you must not delay or postpone the payment of your first fruits. Once it is available, pay it with alacrity. Exodus 22:29a says, “Thou shalt not delay to offer the first of thy ripe fruits…” Similarly, in 2 Chronicles 31:5, the Bible says that the giving of firstfruit must be done promptly along with the payment of tithe: “And as soon as the commandment came abroad, the children of Israel brought in abundance the firstfruits of corn, wine, and oil, and honey, and of all the increase of the field; and the tithe of all things brought they in abundantly.” Therefore, when you plan and prepare properly for paying your firstfruit and tithe, you are not likely to skip, delay or postpone paying them. By proper planning and preparation, you would beat the enemy, who never wants you to pay, to his antics!
- I receive divine wisdom for giving and partnering with God, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, help me to always plan and prepare to give my best service and offering to You, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers that causes delay, postponement, diversion of tithe, offering and firstfruit, I am not your candidate, die, in the name of Jesus.
- I connect myself to divine overflowing blessings, in the name of Jesus.
- I recover all my hijacked and diverted blessings, in the name of Jesus.
- Covenants and curses of poverty working against my life, break now, in the name of Jesus.
- I claim and appropriate all the good promises of God for faithful tithes and firstfruit payers, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM Quenching The RAGE – February 4, 2021 – DAY 29
Confessions: Psalm 2:1-12
Aggressive Praise Worship
- We take authority, over the strongman in the lives of the congregation, in the name of Jesus.
- Every gathering, being held in the air, in the ground, in the forest and in the second heaven, against the lives of the congregation, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let the dark forces, hiding the blessings of the congregation release them, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O Lord, convert the burdens, in the lives of the congregation to blessings, in the name of Jesus.
- The garment of sorry, I cannot help you, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Wicked elders in my family, what are you waiting for? Destroy yourselves, in the name of Jesus.
- Any curse, surviving against my star, break by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every witchcraft eye, spying the steps of my progress, receive blindness, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to live and dine with the wicked elders, in the name of Jesus.
- Any strange power, comparing himself with God in my life, die, in Jesus’ name.
- Every smell of poverty, upon my family, disappear by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power, going naked because of me, run mad and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any strange person, going to the river with my name, thunder of God, strike him to death, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil crown, preventing the blessings of God for my life, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.