UCB Word For Today Devotional For December 8, 2022 : Topic – Seven Scriptures you should stand on
Read previous Devotionals here
Seven Scriptures you should stand on
Do yourself a favour – read Psalm 118! 1) ‘In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me’ (v. 5 NLT). What are you battling today? A destructive habit? A crippling fear? A sense of worthlessness? God wants to set you free.
2) ‘The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear’ (v. 6 NLT). Your future doesn’t rest in the hands of people, but God; a good God who has good plans for you.
3) ‘He will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me’ (v. 7 NLT). When people try to put you down, God will raise you up. When they withhold from you, He will supply all your needs.
4) ‘I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the Lord has done’ (v. 17 NLT). We will all die someday; but you don’t have to die before your assignment is complete and you have brought glory to God.
5) ‘The Lord has punished me severely, but he did not let me die’ (v. 18 NLT). Is God correcting you? Rejoice; His correction is not rejection. It’s protection against future mistakes.
6) ‘This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it’ (v. 24 NLT). Whether yesterday was a triumph or a tragedy, God is giving you a new day. Seize it. Rejoice in it!
7) ‘Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever’ (v. 29 NLT). You may experience days without enough money, but you will never have a day without God’s mercy.
These seven Scriptures are for you, so stand on them today.