RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES 13-19) – TEACHER’S MANUAL FOR MAY 14, 20223: TOPIC – GRIEVING THE HOLY SPIRIT
Read previous RCCG Sunday School Manuals here
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 14TH OF MAY, 2023
LESSON THIRTY SEVEN (37)
TOPIC: GRIEVING THE HOLY SPIRIT
BIBLE TEXT: Ephesians 4:29-32
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
MEMORY VERSE: Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereas ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
LESSON AIM: To learn how not to grieve the Holy Spirit IN OUR DAILY LIVES.
CENTRAL TRUTH: To grieve the Holy Spirit is to grieve God.
INTRODUCTION: First we have to understand that the Holy Spirit is a person not a thing, because many don’t treat the Holy Spirit as a person, the Holy Spirit got feelings too and can be grieved.
According to our memory verse, we were sealed for redemption through the Holy Spirit, so it’s very important not to grieve the Holy Spirit. When you Grieve the Holy Spirit He leaves you, also when you do that you displease God, For the Holy Spirit, God and Jesus is one according to Matthew 28:19.
A.) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT?
– To Grieve according to the English dictionary means
– To cause sorrow or distress.
– To feel very sad about something or someone.
– To grieve the Holy Ghost means to quench Him.
– To quench the Holy Ghost in you means to live with your own preferences rather than believe and living in God’s precepts.
– To grieve the Holy Spirit also means to go against Him. To grieve to the Holy Spirit also mean to disobey Him.
B.) HOW TO LIVE A LIFE THAT DOESN’T GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT?
1. By being truthful at all times: The HOLY SPIRIT is the Spirit of Truth. When you live a life full of lies you are grieving the Holy Spirit.
2. Walk in faith at all times not in unbelief. We received the Holy Spirit through faith, therefore it’s important to continue to walk in Faith.
3. Be humble at all times. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God and of course, God resists the proud. Be a humble child of God.
4. Love: The greatest commandment is to love God with all your might and heart and to love your neighbor as yourself. The Bible also says in Romans 5: 5 that the love of God is poured into our heart by the Holy Spirit. So, if you walk in hate you are going against the Holy Spirit.
5. Guard your heart with all diligence and continually renew your mind with the word of God for your body is the temple of God.
DISCUSSION: Is grieving the Holy Spirit the same as blaspheming against the Holy Spirit? Why?
LIFE APPLICATION: It’s very terrible to grieve the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is our Helper and when you grieve Him, you leave yourself helpless. The Holy Spirit is our comforter and teacher too. However, do not grieve the Holy Spirit, because when you do that, you are walking against yourself. Live daily pleasing the Holy Spirit.
CONCLUSION: Grieving the Holy Spirit doesn’t always end up well. The earlier you stop the better. It is very possible to live a life that doesn’t grieve the Holy Spirit so make up your mind today to be obedient to the Holy Spirit. When you do that, blessings will fill your life.
ATTENTION: Next week is Revision Day and the following week is Quiz and Interactive Day. Let us read up our past lessons and prepare for the revision and quiz with our teens. God bless you.
Ask them – What did they learn in today’s lesson?
How can they apply this to their lives?
Let them put their prayer points here: