RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES 13-19) – TEACHER’S MANUAL FOR SEPTEMBER 10, 20233: TOPIC – WHO DESERVES GRATITUDE 1: GOD
RCCG LOWER JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 10TH OF SEPTEMBER, 2023
LESSON TWO (2)
TOPIC: WHO DESERVES GRATITUDE 1: GOD
BIBLE TEXT: Luke 17:11-19
MEMORY VERSE: Psalm 100:3 – Know ye that the LORD he is God it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
LESSON AIM: At the end of the study, teenagers should be able to recognize why God deserves our gratitude and how to show it to Him.
CENTRAL TRUTH: We are to be grateful to God because He is our Creator and Father.
INTRODUCTION: God’s love towards mankind is so awesome that we cannot describe it. The death of His only begotten Son on the Cross earned us Salvation. His wonderful acts and blessings are innumerable. Looking at all these and more, we discover that God indeed deserves our gratitude.
•WHY GOD DESERVES OUR GRATITUDE?
• He deserves our praise and gratitude because He is God, the Alpha and Omega, the very beginning and end. There’s none like Him, neither is there any to be compared to Him – Rev. 1:8.
• He gave us salvation even at the cost of His only begotten Son Jesus Christ – John 3:16, 2 Tim. 1:9.
• He has a plan for us which will never fail – Jer. 29:11.
• He is our Great Provider – Luke 12:24
• He is kind and merciful despite our shortcomings and flaws – Ps. 136:1; Lam. 3:22-23, Ps. 100:5.
• For the gift of eternal life – John 17:3.
•HOW TO SHOW GRATITUDE TO GOD
• Give Him thanks always – Ps. 103:1-5.
• Be specific in your thanksgiving – Ps. 103:2.
• Share your testimonies of God’s goodness – Ps. 105:1-5.
• Serve Him with gladness – Rom. 12:1, Psalm 100:2.
• Give Him a sacrifice of thanksgiving – Psalm 100:4.
• Develop a habit of always thanking God – 1 Thess 5:18.
•WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GIVE THANKS?
• You enjoy God’s peace and joy – Phil. 4:6-7
• It guards our hearts from thinking negatively – Phil. 4:6-7.
• You position yourself to receive more – Luke 17:15-19.
LIFE APPLICATION: If you feel like there’s nothing to really thank God for, thank Him for life, thank Him for all that has been made available to you freely, including the breath of life. Cultivate the habit of saying “Thank you. Jesus” as many times as possible every day; this helps you live in the consciousness of His presence.
CONCLUSION: God deserves our gratitude because of His loving kindness and tender mercies towards us and there is really nothing we can give to Him, other than our thanks. We experience God’s goodness and blessings in our lives on a daily basis, all around us and in all that we do. Therefore, He deserves our thanks always.
TODAY’S LESSON REFLECTION:
What truth have you learnt in today’s lesson?
Write down one way in which you are going to apply what you now know.