RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES 13-19) – TEACHER’S MANUAL FOR SEPTEMBER 24, 20233: TOPIC – WHO DESERVES GRATITUDE 3: TEACHERS
RCCG LOWER JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2023/2024
AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 24TH OF SEPTEMBER, 2023
LESSON FOUR (04)
TOPIC: WHO DESERVES GRATITUDE 3: TEACHERS
BIBLE TEXT: Galatians 6:7-10
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
MEMORY VERSE: Galatians 6:6 – Let him that is taaught in the word communicate unto him that teaches in all good things
LESSON AIM: At the end of the study, teenagers should be able to understand why teachers deserve gratitude and how it should be shown.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Teachers deserve our gratitude for the knowledge and virtues they impact us with.
INTRODUCTION: Teachers are some of the most selfless, giving, caring individuals in our world. Their goals and ambitions are seeing their students succeed in life and many of us have our teachers to thank for where we are! Yet, teachers often face discouragement and feelings of defeat. Speak words of encouragement and thankfulness to them and it will make a difference in their day.
• WHO ARE TEACHERS?
• They are educators who help students acquire knowledge, competence or virtues, via the practice of teaching.
• A teacher is one who is able to impart truth and wisdomn for life and living.
• A teacher is one from whom you learn.
• A teacher is one who has divine authority and must be obeyed.
• WHY TEACHERS DESERVE OUR GRATITUDE
• They are resilient and committed to making their students become the best they can be.
• They support their students and are a great backup to them.
•They are light givers.
• They show the pathway which every student should tread.
• Without teachers, there would be no education or enlightenment.
• They sacrifice a lot – their time, resources and sometimes their finances.
• Teachers provide mentorship and inspire learners.
• HOW TO SHOW GRATITUDE TO TEACHERS
1. Celebrate and express your gratitude to them in words and gestures.
2. Obey and listen to them by following the guidelines and instructions they give.
3. Give them gifts and appreciate them.
4. Pray for them.
5. Encourage them to do more by living a life worthy of the lessons they have taught you.
LIFE APPLICATION: The best way to express our gratitude to teachers is to truly live up to their teachings, put their mentoring to active use and live in accordance with all they advise, guide and instruct us to do.
CONCLUSION: You can only know as much as you’re taught and learn. The importance of teachers cannot be overemphasized in our world, because sometimes when it seems that parents have failed, teachers fill the missing link, training people to fulfil purpose in life and destiny.
TODAY’S LESSON REFLECTION:
What truth have you learnt in today’s lesson?
Write down one way in which you are going to apply what you now know.