RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES 13-19) – TEACHER’S MANUAL FOR NOVEMBER 6, 2022 : TOPIC – THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT: THE COMFORTER
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 6TH OF NOVEMBER, 2022
LESSON TEN (10)
TOPIC: THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT: THE COMFORTER
BIBLE TEXT: John 14:16-18
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
MEMORY VERSE: John 14:26 “But the l Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
LESSON AIM: At the end of the study, teenagers would know the work of the Holy Spirit as the Comforter.
CENTRAL TRUTH: The Holy Spirit is the greatest Comforter.
INTRODUCTION: The word ‘Comfort’ reminds us of so many good things we imagine we can have in our times of discomfort and pain. It means a state of physical case and freedom from pain or constraint. Oftentimes, comfort is well appreciated in a time of distress or pain like having a shoulder to cry on or something that will make us forget our cares and worries while giving us a feeling of contentment. This is the role the Holy Spirit plays in our lives. The Holy Spirit is the Comforter, whom Jesus promised to send to His disciples after He was crucified. This Comforter, Jesus said, would guide all believers into all Truth. He would remain forever with us and give us Comfort especially when the journey of salvation is lonely and tough.
A) HOWDOES THE HOLY SPIRIT COMFORTS US?
1. By communicating joy to us- Romans 14:17.
2. By sharing God’s Love with us- Romans 5:5
3. By teaching and leading us to the truth of God’s word that we need – John 14:26.
4. Giving us hope in times of hopelessness -Romans 15: 13.
5. Brings forth anointing that removes burden and destroys yokes of bondage- Isaiah 61:1-3.
6. By practical, insightful guidance from Him- John 14:25-26.
7. He helps us not to witness alone- John 15:26-27.
B) WHY DO WE NEED TO BE COMFORTED?
1. So we can comfort others too. 2 Cor 1:3-4
2. Because the world is full of troubles and trials. Psalm 118:5
B. We have no strength of our own, we are mere mortals. Isaiah 51:12
4. To help us navigate the struggles of this physical life and to make it to heaven.
C) BENEFITS OF BEING COMFORTED
1. It brings joy – Psalm 94:19
2. Access to divine knowledge. Jeremiah 14:26
3. Assurance of God’s presence forever. John 14:16
D) BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE THAT WERE COMFORTED
1. The woman with the Issue of blood Matthew 9:22
2. Blind Bartimaeus Mark 10:49
LIFE APPLICATION: Are you facing challenges and trials? Do you continually seek comfort from people and they are not helping? Today’s lesson tells us the Holy Spirit is the greatest Comforter. Give your life to Jesus Christ today and the Holy Spirit will be with you forever.
CONCLUSION: Only believers can have access to this, when challenges come and there seem to be no help, the Holy Spirit is always there to comfort us and give us hope.
Ask them – What is God saying in today’s lesson?
How can they apply this to their lives?
Let them put their prayer points here: